Cosmo was found unconscious during regular observation for a suspected respiratory condition, moments before this photograph was taken. An immediate, whole-of-practice emergency response was unable to revive him. The cause of Cosmo's death could not be determined and it made the event that much more heartbreaking for his owner, Jane*, and for the practice. It took at least one staff member several months to reconcile Cosmo's death. 22 February, 2018.
* Jane's name has been anonymised for privacy